I am excited to announce my classroom is finally finished! I have been working most of the summer to space-ify my classroom in honor of our math department’s new space theme for the year! Here’s what my classroom looked like before I changed it.
Besides getting 24 desks that matched (score!) I took the bones of what I had and space-ified everything! My mom, Laura, did a TON to help me get ready, and did all of the artsy painting touches! Thanks mom!!
My favorite touches:
- Awesome posters from Apollo and shuttle missions.
- Hand-painted moon and pi numbers on my bulletin board, with a cool earth background for my pi.
- My word wall has been re-done with keyboard shortcuts and inspirational space quotes instead of math terms. (I made my math terms into magnets and stuck them to my metal cabinets.
- All of the elements that were dark brown in the room have been redone with gray and/or shiny silver.
- The PVC launch tower my husband and I built to go over the giant A/C unit in my room.
The only finishing touch I am hoping to add is a large poster on the back wall between the two windows. I am wanting a map with paths of orbits like the one shown here, or possibly even a poster of the whole control room like this:
I am super excited to start off this school year and can’t wait to get my students in here! Next week I will post some pics of our first week of school! Our teachers return Monday and Tuesday, and then our students return to school on Wednesday!